What do Paperless Post, J. Crew, Anthropologie and Keds have in common? They all love ranunculus. Your customers do, too. We’ve got the lowdown on new varieties, along with care tips and design inspiration in the January issue of Floral Management. . . . . . #SAF #SocietyOfAmericanFlorists #FloralManagement #Flowers #Ranunculus #FloralDesign
“I guarantee, almost without exception, that if you take a few notes and make a few changes, by the time Valentine’s Day is over, you will have paid for this session in Omaha on the extra money you’ve made on delivery, and it will continue to pay off.” Paul Goodman #safpb #floralfinance
Laura Daluga,AIFD, talks trolls at #safpb
Do you love talking about flowers, floral design or the business of flowers? Do you present programs to garden clubs or other professionals? Then you’re three-quarters of the way to earning the PFCI designation from Professional Floral Communicators-International. The only thing left to do: fill out an application. More info at safnow.org/PFCI.
Tell the newly engaged and prospective bridal clients that your shop is “Married to Perfection” — so they can “Relax” if you’re handling their wedding flowers. To help members build wedding business, the Society of American Florists provides promotional materials (boasting those comforting phrases) and marketing advice, and offers special savings on Details Flowers Software. More info at safnow.org/weddings!
Air cargo capacity. Trends in tech. Getting customers to buy more flowers (and spend more on each transaction). Building and keeping great teams. Industry leaders are talking all that, and so much more, in the January issue of Floral Management. . . . . . #SAF #SocietyOfAmericanFlorists #FloralManagement #FloralIndustry #FloralTrends #Flowers
Skeptical anyone in Congress actually cares? Think again. Two legislative victories last year, tied directly to SAF advocacy, prove otherwise. Learn more about SAF's Congressional Actions Days by visiting the link in our bio. . . . . . #SAF #SocietyOfAmericanFlorists #SAFCAD #Advocacy #Congress #FloralIndustry #Flowers #Grassroots https://goo.gl/zwZ7FG
Happy New Year from all of us at the Society of American Florists! May this year be your best yet. In the mean time, take a look at our #2017bestnine , featuring your favorites from our Instagram account this year.
1. PERSISTENCE PAYS OFF: SAF has contacted the Vermont Teddy Bear Company (VTBC) dozens of times over the past 20 years urging them to reconsider disparaging flowers in promotions, only to be ignored or rebuffed - until now. After hearing from SAF about concerns with its Valentine's Day commercial showing dead flowers in a vase, VTBC CEO Bill Shouldice replied: "I hear you loud and clear." In a phone conversation with Jenny Scala, SAF's director of marketing and communications, Shouldice said, "If I could pull the ads now, I would but they're already scheduled and paid for, but you can bet you won't hear those ads again next Valentine's Day." Link in bio. . . . . . #SAF #SocietyOfAmericanFlorists #Flowers #FloralIndustry #VTBC #NegativePublicity #ValentinesDay https://safnow.org/vermont-teddy-bear-company-saf-wont-hear-ads/?utm_source=instagram&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=link-in-profile
2. RAISING AWARENESS: SAF led Petal It Forward and the industry answered the charge, surprising people with flowers through 573 local events in 467 cities in 50 states plus Washington, D.C., and Canada. The effort generated phenomenal social media and news media coverage showing people's reactions to giving and receiving flowers. SAF gave members guidance, templates, talking points and more. Link in bio. . . . . . #SAF #SocietyOfAmericanFlorists #Flowers #FloralIndustry #PetalItForward https://goo.gl/aUWpNg
3. MARKETING MOJO: Members received additional fuel for their promotional efforts: SAF's 2017 Local Marketing Kit. "Flower Power" and "Happiness Delivered" headline the materials, referring to the Rutgers University research proving the health benefits of floral gifts. Members have exclusive access to customizable print ads, fliers, web ads and Facebook sharable graphics complementing the two new poster designs. Matching statement stuffers, postcards and posters are available to order. Link in bio. . . . . . #SAF #SocietyOfAmericanFlorists #Flowers #FloralIndustry #Marketing #FloristMarketing https://goo.gl/Y41yrR
4. EASY ACCESS: "3 Ways to Find New Customers Using Facebook & Instagram Ads". "Pricing for a Bigger Piece of the Pie". "5 Steps to Profitable Weddings and Events". These are just a few of the titles added to SAF's library of educational WebBlasts - making it easier for members and their staff to learn from experts whenever they can, for free. Link in bio. . . . . . #SAF #SocietyOfAmericanFlorists #Flowers #FloralIndustry #Webinars #ELearning https://goo.gl/oeir3a
5. F.N.R.I. FANS: The House Appropriations Committee recommended allotting $500,000 to the Floriculture and Nursery Research Initiative (FNRI) - doubling the amount SAF members lobbied for during Congressional Action Days. "The Committee values the importance of the floral and horticulture industry as floral and nursery crops are the third-largest domestic crop in value," reads the committee's recommendation. "The FNRI is focused on addressing and solving the industry's challenges and needs." Drew Gruenburg, SAF's chief operating officer, noted: "We have it in writing that Congress values the industry. It shows the power of constituent involvement." Learn about the industry's issues and put your personal power to work during SAF's 38th Annual Congressional Action Days, March 12-13, 2018. Link in bio. . . . . . #SAF #SocietyOfAmericanFlorists #Flowers #FloralIndustry #FNRI #Research #SAFCAD https://goo.gl/ZwLL1w