There’s no better way to look forward to a long weekend of relaxation than to get the barbecue grill out and create some magic and foodie memories with it.
I have some easy yet tasty seasonings/ marinades suggestions.
Here’s my herby marinade which is just delicious on chicken, meat or fish. Give it a try.
1 Medium size chicken spatchcocked
100g Fresh Ginger
1 small red onion
6 Fresh Garlic gloves
1/2 Tsp Cumin powder
1/2 Tsp Kashmiri Powder ( or Cayenne chilli powder)
2 Tsp AVK Ghanaian 10 spice blend
1/2 Tsp Turmeric
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Handful of fresh coriander leaves
8 leaves of fresh mint leaves.
Salt to taste
1. Spatchcock the chicken by removing the backbone.
2. Blend all the spices and herbs together with the oil. Don't add any water. Just use extra oil if needed. Add salt to taste. Take 3 tablespoons of the seasoning and set aside.
3. Sprinkle chicken with a bit of salt, then rub the blended seasoning into the skin of the chicken.
Season overnight in the fridge. When ready to cook, remove from fridge and let it come to room temperature.
4. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Place chicken on a wire rack placed in an oven tray. Oven cook until it starts to brown.
5. Remove and drain the dripping oil into the reserved seasoning. Baste the chicken with some of the reserved seasoning.
6. Put chicken back into oven and let it brown nicely on one side. Turn chicken on other side and repeat step 5.
7. When thoroughly cooked, remove and let chicken rest with breast side down.
Brush chicken with more fresh seasoning and serve.
Order your #avk10spiceblend via shop link in bio 👆🏽 .
#aftradvillagekitchen #naturalspices #bankholiday #maybankholidayweekend #nopreservatives #noartificialflavors #noartificialcolors #allnaturalspices #ghanaianspices #roastchicken #foodie #ghanaspices